From the Hall Rental Contract
Download the pdf of the Hornby Hall Rental Contract
The following protocols are required for all renters during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Renter will provide a greeter to ensure the maximum occupancy of the Hall is not exceeded.
- Hand sanitizer (provided) must be used before entering, at the front entrance of the Community Hall.
- Maximum occupancy is 20 people.
- Safe distancing between individuals is required, at least 2 meters (6ft) whether seated or moving.
- Face masks are recommended.
- Access to the restrooms will be to line up along the right-hand corridor, one person in the restrooms at a time, exit around the kitchen through the round room.
- When possible, doors in the hall will be kept open, to provide maximum air circulation.
- No food or beverages will be served, no kitchen equipment will be used.
All touch services will will be sanitized by the renter before leaving for the day: counters, table tops, chair arms, light switches, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures (toilets, sinks and counters).
The following is a list of regulations and procedures that must be followed by people or groups renting the community hall:
- Appropriate permits must be obtained by the renter and displayed when food is sold/served and alcohol is sold/served.
- Fire regulations permit the occupancy of no more than 207 persons.
- Fire exits must not be blocked by chairs, props or any other obstacles.
- IF FIRE ALARM SOUNDS, THE HALL MUST BE EVACUATED AT ONCE. Call 911.
- All exit lights must be lit.
- The renter must be responsible for the activities in the Hall, immediately outside the Hall and in the Hall parking lots.
- The renter will be made aware of the location of fire extinguishers, phones and electrical switches.
- Smoking or the use of burning substances is not permitted in the Hall except in the wood-stoves. The Booking Agent must be advised if the wood-stoves are to be used.
- During evening events, parking lot lights are to be switched on to provide lighted access to vehicles.
- Pets must be kept outside the building.
- Any temporary alterations of the space, such as risers, must be approved by the Booking Agent.
Kitchen equipment available:
Stove, fridge, coffee maker and tea kettle, plates, bowls, cutlery, mugs/cups, limited numbers of glasses, cooking utensils and some trays.
Mops and brooms are kept in the furnace room at the back of the stage. Plastic bags, toilet paper, light bulbs, and Polyfilla spackle for walls are stored in the cupboard next to the cooking stove.
Responsibilities of Renters:
- Sweep floors throughout the Hall.
- Mop floors throughout the Hall with a damp mop only, no detergents.
- Vacuum door mats. Floor mats must remain in place at the doors.
- Wipe tables and kitchen counters.
- Turn off dish sanitizer following posted instructions. Clean food scraps out of screen.
- Remove garbage from washrooms and Hall bins and place in grey garbage storage bin outside.
- Remove any refuse, bottles, cans and cigarette butts from the grounds and parking lots.
- Track lights and bulbs must not be removed.
- Stack leather chairs on the side galleries of the main room.
- Return blue plastic chairs on trolleys to the storage annex Chair Room.
- Return five big wooden tables to storage annex Chair Room. (Can be stacked.) The other three wooden tables remain in the Hall on the galleries or Round Room.
- Fill any holes made in the walls using Polyfilla spackle (stored in the cupboard at right of cooking stove).
- Turn all lights off upon exit—including stage, washrooms, entrance and parking.
- Secure the building and storage annex Chair Room, assuring that all eight doors are locked (six hall doors, one storage annex Chair Room door and the Green Room door).
Two renters on the same day will receive further instructions from the Booking Agent.
Revised October 2017